Good Morning Beautiful,
One of the biggest mistake we as Christians make is that we misinterpret blessings and promises. We assume that when we receive God’s blessing then we are experiencing His promises but in fact it’s the other way around. When we experience God’s promises, we are experiencing His blessings for our lives. What are some of God’s promise?
- Deuteronomy 31:8 “ The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- James 1:2-3 “ Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.”
- Exodus 14:14 “ The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Standing at the crossroad allows you to choose if you want to continue going in the direction that God is calling you. His promises will always remain true in your life but you have to decide— do I choose God or this World? In choosing God, we have to understand that things are not going to be easy but you can rest assured knowing that it will be worth it! God wants to bless His children so don’t think that God has forgotten you but as Jeremiah 29:11 says,“For I know the plans I have for you.” God know you and He sees you.
Trust me when is say that I understand what it feels like to be at a crossroad. This morning has felt like that for me. Often at the crossroad it seems that God is leading you away from the desires of your heart as if the thing you have been praying for is out of reach. The truth is that nothing is ever our of reach when God is in control! God says in His word, “ Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 43:19). God will carve out a path specifically for those that follow Him and those that are faithful to Him. God is never short or His promises or of His blessings.
Like some of you, I know that at times, being at a cross road so many thoughts can overcome you because you’re deciding, “do I trust God,” “Am I enough,” “will the other shoe drop.” The enemy will have you feeling that if you keep taking this unmarked path that you will never experience the blessing and that God has failed you. It will feel as if God is taking you into circles which I am sure the Israelites felt when they wandered in the wilderness for 40 years.
A revelation that God gave me this morning is that even if I never receive the thing that I am praying for God will always be there and my happiness is not in the thing that I want but it is in The one who will supply all of my needs ( mind you I still believe that God is going to bless me with what I have been praying for). God is about destination and purpose but we wander longer than we should when we allow negative thoughts to shape or perspectives. God is calling us to let go of our stinky thinking and choose the path less traveled because He has something special for you. I know you may be tired and it seems that every day is trying but when those thoughts comes upon you, pray. When you start to lose hope, pray. When you start to question if God still loves you or if He sees you, pray.
The only way to stand at the crossroad and choose the correct path is to pray and to pray without ceasing. God has not forsaken you “ Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee” ( Deuteronomy 31:6). This is a promise that will stand strong until the end. God is with you ever step of the way.
Digging deeper discussion question
- Pray without ceasing that will be our greatest weapon in this battle. So I challenge you to join me in 21 days of prayer. I believe that God is going to be making some changes and I know that He is leading us all into our destination and purpose in life.
- Make your list of things and people to pray for and commit that over the next 21 days you will pray for those things.